Lava Therapeutics (LAVA) is a clinical stage immuno-oncology company that generates and develops next-generation γδ T cell engaging bispecific antibodies for the treatment of cancer. LAVA started its operations in 2016 and is advancing its proprietary platform and pipeline of bispecific therapeutic antibodies, building on cutting-edge research originating from the VU University Medical Center / Cancer Center Amsterdam. R&D Laboratories and offices are located in The Netherlands at the Science Park in Utrecht and the Agrifood Plaza building in Den Bosch. Our U.S. office is located in old city Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
\We are currently looking for a Facility Associate (Laboratory) for our location in Utrecht (on site). You would be joining our young and enthusiastic (lab) team in Utrecht, currently consisting of 55 employees. Since we are growing fast, we will move to the LSI (Life Sciences Incubator) in March 2023, expanding our offices and our Labs, which means that you will also be supporting this ambitious project.
As our Facility Associate (Laboratory) you will support the site facilities and the day-to-day operations in our current labs as well as in our new labs. Next to that, you will be supporting general facility related (office) matters.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: • Identify, report, and track facility issues;
- Acts as the first point of contact for routine service providers, property management, and
- Responsibility for procurement and inventory management (office and lab) including arranging
discount agreements, ordering, stocking, auditing inventory and reception of packages;
- Coordinating maintenance of general lab equipment, including arranging maintenance contracts,
planning and coordinating periodic maintenance;
- Responsibility for outgoing and incoming shipments;
- Coordinating routine lab cleaning activities;
- Assisting in general facility related tasks where needed;
- Serving as first point of contact for receiving visitors.
- MBO or Bachelor degree in laboratory/facility related studies, or gained equivalent professional ability;
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry;
- Experience with EH&S standards, facilities and lab support is a plus;
- Ability to interact with staff and external contractors with a variety of backgrounds;
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines;
- Work independently and demonstrate initiative; display problem solving skills;
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch.
LAVA offers a full-time position working with a highly motivated team, where high performance is recognized and rewarded. We offer the opportunity to work with a group of highly experienced leaders and professionals with a proven track record of success in the Life Science industry. Due to the nature of this role, the work location will be on site in Utrecht.
LAVA offers excellent salaries and benefits (fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term will be considered) in accordance with the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. We offer flexible working hours, growth and development opportunities and a professional working environment, where hard work is balanced with fun.
Our Core Values
Our company culture is built on five important Core Values: Innovation, Teamwork, Results-orientation, Flexibility and Fun. We understand that innovation is at the heart of what we do. We drive the ability to innovate and we all have a strong awareness of emerging scientific and business opportunities. We work closely as a team, have a constructive and collaborative mindset and put the common interest of the company above our own individual interests. We have a strong orientation on results, we meet agreed goals in a timely and efficient manner and we deliver on our promises. We are flexible, adapt well to changing circumstances and work well under pressure. Finally, we all contribute to a safe, professional and enjoyable workplace in which people are treated respectfully and diversity is embraced.
How to Apply
Please send your CV together with a cover letter to email@example.com with “Facility Associate (Laboratory)” in the subject line.
All applications and related information will remain strictly confidential.
LAVA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering workplace diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.