LAVA Therapeutics (LAVA) is a clinical stage immuno-oncology company that generates and develops next-generation γδ T cell engaging bispecific antibodies for the treatment of cancer. LAVA started its operations in 2016 and is advancing its proprietary platform and pipeline of bispecific therapeutic antibodies, building on cutting-edge research originating from the VU University Medical Center / Cancer Center Amsterdam.
R&D Laboratories and offices are located in The Netherlands at the Science Park in Utrecht and the Agrifood Plaza building in Den Bosch. Our U.S. office is located in old city Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
We are expanding our team and are looking for talented individuals to support LAVA’s future success. We are currently looking for a Facility Associate (Laboratory) for our location in Utrecht (on site).
As a Facility Associate (Laboratory), you are a service minded person with working experience in a laboratory environment. You will support the site facilities and the day-to-day operations at our lab. Next to that, you’re supporting the general facility related matters. Due to the nature of this role, the work location will mainly be on site in Utrecht.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Identify, report, and track facilities issues;
- Acts as the first point of contact for routine service providers, property management, and contractors;
- Is responsible for procurement and inventory management (office and lab) including arranging discount agreements, ordering, stocking, auditing inventory and reception of packages;
- Coordinates maintenance of general lab equipment, including arranging maintenance contracts, planning and coordinating periodic maintenance;
- Is responsible for outgoing and incoming shipments;
- Coordinates routine lab cleaning activities;
- Assists in general facility related tasks where needed;
- Serves as first point of contact for receiving visitors.
- Intermediate Vocational Education or Bachelor degree in laboratory/facility related studies, or gained equivalent professional ability;
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry;
- Experience with EH&S standards and support is a plus;
- Experience in facilities or lab support is a plus;
- Willing to work under environment, health and safety (EHS) regulation;
- Ability to interact with staff and external contractors with a variety of backgrounds;
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints;
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines;
- Works independently and demonstrates initiative;
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch.
LAVA offers a full-time position working with a highly motivated team, where high performance is recognized and rewarded. We offer the opportunity to work with a group of highly experienced leaders and professionals with a proven track record of success in the Life Science industry.
LAVA offers excellent salaries and benefits in accordance with the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. We offer flexible working hours, growth and development opportunities and a professional working environment, where hard work is balanced with fun.
Our Core Values
Our company culture is built on five important Core Values: Innovation, Teamwork, Results-oriented, Flexibility and Fun. We understand that innovation is at the heart of what we do. We drive the ability to innovate and we all have a strong awareness of emerging scientific and business opportunities. We work closely as a team, have a constructive and collaborative mindset and put the common interest of the company above our own individualinterest. We have a strong orientation on results, we meet agreed goals in a timely and efficient manner and we deliver on our promises. We are flexible, adapt well to changing circumstances and work well under pressure.Finally, we all contribute to a safe, professional and enjoyable workplace in which people are treated respectfully and diversity is embraced.
How to Apply
Please send your CV together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Facility Associate (Laboratory)” in the subject line.
All applications and related information will remain strictly confidential.
No agencies please.
LAVA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.